Monday, July 30, 2012

Dammit, now I'm gonna have to change the design of my backpack nuclear bomb


- by New Deal democrat

The Wall Street Journal reports on a Fox News interview with Justice Antonin Scalia:
Fox’s Chris Wallace asked about weapons that can fire off a hundred shots in a minute, in reference to the recent mass murder in a movie theater in Aurora.

“We’ll see,” said Justice Scalia, referring to the need to wait on a court case that gets at the question. He then volunteered that the second amendment refers to the right to “keep and bear” arms, so that it “does not apply to arms that cannot be hand-carried…It doesn’t apply to cannons.”

Then the justice asked himself about “hand-held rocket launchers that can bring down airplanes.” About that, he ventured only, “it will have to be decided.”
I figure if I just change the design to a briefcase with a shoulder strap, I'm good to go.